Monday 26 May 2014

Haruki Murakami

I have officially discovered my favourite author.  As an English student you always get asked what your favourite author is and why you like them. My answer has always been a string of 'ums' and 'ahs' and 'oh, it's raining in London again'. So you can understand my excitement when I say I've finally discovered my favorite writer.  In the past week I read After the QuakeAfter Dark and Sputnik Sweetheart, instead of revising for my exams. So far, my personal favourite, if I had to choose, is After Dark. I decided that I would not start with his most popular novels, so I could take my time through his collection and I'm so glad that I did. It gives me so much room to gain a higher appreciation for Murakami, as if that was possible, because if his lesser known novels were incredible, than his highly regarded ones must be, right?

I'm waiting for my Amazon order that has books 1, 2 & 3 of 1Q84, and I can not wait! Now I wish my life was as interesting and thought-provoking as a Murakami novel.

Edna Mohamed

No comments:

Post a Comment